Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Idiot

Baseball Weekly, 8 February:

[Johnny] Damon and new teammate Alex Rodriguez have patched up their differences. Damon even promised to rewrite a section of his autobiography that criticized Rodriguez. "I apologized to Alex last Opening Day," Damon said. "I told him it came out the wrong way. We were just trying to sell books.
Let me get this straight: it was OK for Damon to bash A-Rod when he was with Boston. But now that he's in New York, he'll rewrite the offending passages out of the book. Forgive me if I consider this a weaselly thing to do.

I might accept that the section "came out the wrong way." Even though one would think something that wrong would be caught in the editing process, one can imagine it being an honest mistake.

I might also accept that Damon was "just trying to sell books." And what better way to sell books than by taking potshots against a hated rival? Weaselly, but understandable.

But I can't accept both of these together. I mean, don't they contradict each other?

Either way, this little glimpse into Damon's mind shows that he really might be an Idiot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home