Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Royals, Flushed

I know that I should stop kicking, flogging, and screaming at this dead horse and just send it off to the glue factory, but I can't help it. How in the hell can a team have already had two 11-game losing streaks by May 23? I think that the reason I keep writing about this is that the Royals offend me. I am disgusted by the reality that a major league team can be allowed to be this bad in this day and age. Isn't this what things like the draft and revenue sharing were supposed to prevent? But when you have an owner who simply pockets the revenue sharing money and a management team that runs drafts like this, it doesn't matter what kinds of structures are put in place to help teams improve.

"Bell Concerned With Talent." That's beautiful. I'd be concerned, too, if my team didn't have any. And if I didn't have any discernable talent as a manager. The gist of the article had less to do with talent than a worry that some players weren't trying hard enough and had bad attitudes. That's like worrying whether the iceberg messed up the paint job on the Titanic.

The more I see of this team, the more disgusted I get. If Bud Selig really wanted to act in the best interests of the game, he'd be working to find some new ownership for this franchise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home