Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Loving the Sound of His Own Voice

Is straight-talkin’ Ozzie Guillen even trying to make sense anymore?

The Cleveland fans who flashed manager Ozzie Guillen the choke sign Monday night were only a few of many people whom Guillen believes were happy the White Sox were eliminated from postseason contention.

"A lot of people are," Guillen said Wednesday night. "That's part of the game. I'm not happy I didn't make the playoffs, but I'm happy Jim Leyland did and Gardy (Ron Gardenhire) did because I'm big fans of theirs and respect them as a manager. With the other guys I could care less. [Leyland and Gardenhire] are the guys I talk to the most.

"I'm sure there are people in Chicago who are happy we didn't make it. And not just Cubs fans either. White Sox fans too. Some people think, the media, they're happy we didn't make it. But we can't please everyone. We just have to come back strong and try to get another shot next year."

Guillen believes that those detractors do respect him.

"Some people don't like the way I am," Guillen said. "I'm the way I am, and no one is going to take that away from me. Of course, some people are really sad we don't ake it, but they're true fans and the people who work at the park."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home