Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Saturday, December 09, 2006

But Will It Play in Peoria?

It’s not often that a managerial change in the Class A Midwest League makes the front page. But it’s not often that a Hall of Famer chooses to manage in the Class A Midwest League.

Ryne Sandberg will start his managerial career in the bushes. He’s said that his goal is to manage in the Major Leagues.

Best of luck to him. I hope he makes it, but I’m not holding my breath.

I’ve always admired Sandberg. He’s probably my favorite Cub of all time. But I just don’t know if he has the personality to manage twenty-five guys over the course of a season.

I would be the happiest guy in the world if he proved me wrong. I’m just glad the Cubs are giving him his start in Peoria. Because if I’m right, it’s better we find out there, rather than Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home