Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Golden Age

Bob, myself, and a group of our friends play fantasy baseball. Some of us started way back in 1994, and have never really stopped. Anyway, our first league draft of 2007 is this Friday night, and, like all fantasy baseball geeks with no real life, I've been spending a lot of time lately studying players.

You know what I've found? We are living in a Golden Age of talent. With college programs always improving, with the Caribbean sending player after player to the States, with more and more Japanese players coming over every year (saw Daisuke Matsuzaka for the first time today, he's everything I had heard), the game is awash in talent. I don't think I've ever seen a year in which there are so many good players at every position.

Someone like Bob Feller is always around to try and tell you that players in his day were so much better than these overpaid stiffs today. Guys like Bob Feller are wrong. These, as Paul Simon once said, are the days of miracle and wonder.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home