Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Kind of Town

Shorter Rick Morrissey: I am waaaaayyyy objective when it comes to covering the Cubs. To prove it, I will imply Cub Fans drink a lot and aren’t good fans. Then I will say that the Cubs are Charlie Brown-like losers that will never overcome the unbearable pressure of their history to actually win a World Series. How much more objective can I be? Oh, and the White Sox are great because they got Jim Thome, but the only way Chicago will become a White Sox town is if they keep winning and the Cubs don’t. And did I mention that Cub Fans drink beer?

Morrissey’s inanity is another example of how slow the baseball news is these days. Just as Baseball Weekly dusted off the Trip to the Louisville Slugger Factory last week, Morrissey pulls a tired old When Will Chicago Become a White Sox Town column out of his…uhhh...lower back area. Yeah, down there somewhere.

I’m not against the idea, mind you. I, a lowly, uninformed Cub Fan, am all for the Windy City becoming the White Sox City™. It’s all good for me, because it would mean (a) it would be easier for me to get tickets, and (b) I wouldn’t have to hear the incessant “nobody loves us” blather from the Sox and their supporters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home