Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

White Sox, White House

My turn to chime in on Ozzie Guillen's no-show at the White House.

Ozzie Guillen has every right, as an American citizen, to turn down an invitation to anywhere and anything that he wishes. There is nothing in the Constitution requiring him to show up on the White House lawn to give a sinking president a cheap, self-serving photo op, which is all that these congratulatory receptions are.

Lest you think that my complete and total contempt for the Bush Crime Family is tempering my feelings in any way, let me assure you that this is not the case. I find the entire idea of White House visits by champion sports figures to be a worthless, pointless exercise, no matter who sits in the Oval Office. Aren't there better things for a president, any president, to be doing with his (or her) time?

I'm not surprised by Chicago Mayor Richie Daley's criticism of Ozzie. They may be from opposing parties, but Daley and Bush have a lot in common. Both are the incompetent sons of famous party leaders, neither of whom would ever have made it very far under their own abilities. And both run sickening, corrupt administrations propped up by rigged elections.

Yeah, this is a baseball blog, but it's MY baseball blog (and Bob's). I'll say whatever I damned well want. Especially if it's true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home