Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Passing the Torch

I passed an important milestone in every father’s relationship with his son this week. Yes, this week I taught my son to score a ballgame.

Not to get all Burns and Costas on you, but baseball really is a game for parents to share with their children (hopefully without getting all “Back in My Day”). I learned about the game from my father and my grandfathers. And now I can pass along that lore to the next generation.

Besides, more people need to learn to keep score. There’s just something…I don’t know…Zen-like about keeping score. You know, the circle of life and all that…

4 Comments:

  • Nice looking blog! Which of my nephews learned how to score?

    This is OT- I wonder if Wrigley Field will invite Jeff Gordon to sing the National Anthem. Im sure by now he knows its NOT Wrigley Stadium....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

  • NASCAR and F-1 are easy to score- the computer's GPS figures out where everyone is at during a race, as well as their overall points position at anytime during a race. Yeah that sounds lazy, but thank the stereotypical rednecks who gave the sport a bad name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • Before I go and enjoy my 15th cup of coffee today....

    I should teach my nephews how NASCAR officials sometimes FIX a race with bullsh*t debris cautions (especially when theres no debris to pick up) and end up helping another driver win the race, or win the championship. Thats how Tony "Dairy Queen" Stewart won the 2005 championship at Homestead Miami back in November... had Dave Blaney LAPPED the sorry b*stard, Greg Biffle wouldve squeaked by and won the championship... of course when NASCAR learned Blaney was in clear view of Stewarts rear view mirror out came the caution...

    Okay enough of this OT stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

  • Keeping score keeps you in the game! And you must do it in pencil! Just in case. And after the game there are a gazillon ways to run the stats! Kudos to you, Bob!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home