Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Compare and Contrast

Player A
Fifty is a fair amount, and I'm going to serve it and then I'll be back on the ball field…I'm competitive. I just let the emotions get a little better than me sometimes. I've got to control that…I'd like to say I'm sorry for this incident. I do regret this situation. I'm going to get through it. Today is just a new day, I'm going to get started today.
Player B
Major League Baseball has turned into a badminton league. They told me I didn’t have any shot of getting my suspension knocked out. The fact that they won’t knock anything off is embarrassing to the game because the game has changed. Now you can’t really defend yourself…

I understand I have to be suspended, but it’s not like I went out and picked a fight. Nothing would have happened if he wouldn’t have said anything to me, if he wouldn’t have taken three steps hard at me. I get called out by Lackey. He calls me out and disrespects me and I’m supposed to sit here and have him yell at me? …

I think the big thing was this was my fourth time, and all four of the fights I’ve been into has been about sticking up for myself or sticking up for my pitcher. I guess they don’t look at that. People that are making decisions have never been in a situation like that. They wait for situations like this to happen so they can have this big power. And that’s what they did. They have the power right now...


Now ask yourself, who is the gritty, hard-nosed player, and who is the emotionally unstable player whose berserker rages could be evidence of steroid use?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home