Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Should Be Riding on That Train to San Antone

Saw a blurb in the paper that the city of San Antonio has withdrawn its offer of $200 million to build the Marlins a new yard. This is not a surprise, as the city had given MLB a 15 May deadline to make a “firm offer” to move the team, which (according to my calendar) was yesterday.

More surprising was the news that Marlins officials were working with the city of Hialeah to get something going there. I don’t know if we can put Hialeah on the short list just yet. Actually, I guess the short list is really more of an empty set, since the cities most frequently mentioned (Las Vegas, Portland, Charlotte) all have substantial issues that must be resolved before Loria the Destroyer can get his hopes up. More on this later, I’m sure…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home