Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Quack Quack

The latest from straight-talkin’ Ozzie Guillen:

Now I am not guilty and people keep throwing that out. It’s not fair, not for me, my reputation, and my team. I am not that type of person. You can call me anything you want, [but] don’t call me a liar and don’t call me a headhunter.

Ummm…OK. I won’t call you a headhunter, as long as you don’t scream at pitchers in the dugout for not drilling an opposing player, ship him back to Triple A for his failure, and then claim that neither incident had anything to do with not exacting a metaphoric pound of flesh from the batter.

Incredible…when Dusty Baker makes an offhand comment about how many games Derrek Lee is worth, the Chicago media can’t go to enough sabrematricians to prove what an idiot Dusty is. But Guillen can make statements like this, where there are enough historical incidents to make one think that perhaps he’s full of crap, and the reporters eat it up with a spoon. Must be that famed Tribune bias…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home