Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Where Would We Be Without Him?

I have to admit, when I read this I had the same thought Death of the Goat Riders had:

I'm in my lunch break and don't have a lot of time to write. But I was reading an article on the Trib's site about Henry Blanco, who apparently is getting ignored by the rookie pitchers who he's trying to help. That shouldn't be a surprise - I suspect that even Greg Maddux's influence was limited in that regard - but Dusty was quoted as saying something some of us have been expecting for a number of weeks now. On Henry Blanco:

"I don't know where we'd be without Henry," Baker said. "Some guys keep getting better as a hitter. A few years ago, that was why Henry wasn't playing every day. He always has been a catch-and-throw guy, but his confidence is better."

He doesn't know where we'd be without Hank? Try last place! That's where you'd be! Look, I like Blanco. He's a fine backup and, shockingly, he's actually put up respectable offensive numbers the last two years. But I'm just amazed at Dusty, who uttered basically the same thing about Neifi last year. Hey, Doubleswitch - your team is in last place. There are no "saviors," there's nobody who has positively effected "where you'd be," you're in last place. End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home