Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

I'd Not Submit A Blank Ballot, If Only I Was Allowed One To Submit

Unlike Paul Ladewski, I found some retired baseball players worth casting a Hall of Fame vote for this year. My list looks pretty much like Bob's, with one favorite son vote added.

We've covered most of this ground in the past, so there isn't much need to again talk about why I'm not voting for Jim Rice or Andre Dawson or Albert Belle or Dave Parker or Saint Don Mattingly. To sum it up briefly, I'm not voting for them because, while outstanding players every one, I don't consider any of them to be among the very best ever. If you want to discuss any of them at greater length, please post a reply, and we'll commence to the arguin'.

I would vote for:
Mark McGuire (take that, Phil Hersh)
Cal Ripken (duh!)
Tony Gwynn (also, duh!)
Goose Gossage (I mean, come on...his not being in has gone beyond the ridiculous)
Bert Blyleven (not responsible for the fact that his teammates stunk)
Alan Trammel (I know I'm shouting into the wind here, but Trammel was a great player)
Harold Baines (ok, don't even start. I know that Harold isn't a HOF player, and won't ever get in, but, I'll be perfectly honest, he was an outstanding player, and MY favorite player, and if I only get one chance to vote for him for the HOF, I'm gonna do it. So there)

As Bob said, let us know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home