Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm Here All Week, Folks, Enjoy The Buffet!

My brother passed this little joke along to me, I thought I'd share it with the class:


Moe and Joe are two gentlemen in their 90's. They've been lifelong friends; grew up together playing baseball in the sandlots and later together in the minor leagues. They love the game; it's always been their favorite thing in life.

Sadly, the day comes when Joe is on his deathbed. Moe visits him, and asks, "Joe, promise me one thing. When you get to heaven, come back and tell me if there is baseball there."

Joe looks up at him through his half-opened eyes and tells him, "Sure, Moe, anything for you. If there is a way, I will do it."

Joe passes on the next day. A couple of nights after the burial, Moe is awaked by a flash of light and the sound of a voice:

"Moe. Moe, wake up!"

"Who's there?"

"Moe, it's me, Joe!"

"Can't be...Joe's dead."

"Moe, wake up. It's me, Joe. You asked me to come back and tell you if there is baseball in heaven."

"Joe, my god, it really is you! How wonderful to hear your voice again! Tell me, is there baseball in heaven? You are in heaven, right?"

"Moe, you idiot, of course I'm in heaven. And I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that not only is there baseball, it's the greatest baseball ever played. All of our old buddies are here, too. It's always spring and never rains or snows. We can play all night and all day and never get tired."

"Joe, that's incredible! It's better than my wildest dreams! So, what bad news could you possibly have?"

"You're pitching Tuesday."

(Rim shot, and good night, everyone! You're a great crowd!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home