Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

If You're Not Whitey Ford, Ted Lyons, Or Hal Newhouser, You're Stealing His Act

Garrett Anderson wants to be his own man, indebted to no one. He doesn't want to wear number 42 in this weekend's Jackie Robinson tribute, because, well, because Ken Griffey Jr. thought of it first.

"It wasn't my idea, and I'm not the type of person to jump on the bandwagon because someone else is doing something," Anderson said. "If I did it just because someone else was doing it, it would seem kind of empty to me."


Garrett's .280 batting average last year is what seems empty to me. Also, his head, based on this comment.

I think that this is one of the greatest ideas I've heard in a long time. If I were a major league player, I'd want to wear number 42 on Sunday, too. Jackie Robinson isn't just a hero to one group of people, he's a hero to the entire human race. Even those who choose not to jump on bandwagons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home