Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm Sad To Say That I'm Not Surprised By This

At the risk of Tony LaRussa thinking that I'm insincere, I want to pass this along.

Tony can threaten people with his fungo bat all he wants, but perhaps he ought to look into a mirror first. You're running the team, Tony. I'm pretty sure that you have some idea which players might have a problem like this. Or do you?

I'm not really holding LaRussa responsible, just reminding him that he might be better off helping players who have issues rather than looking for enemies in the media. For a smart guy, LaRussa falls into bunker mentality very quickly...remember his tirade about the reporter who spotted and reported the andro in Mark McGwire's locker?

Josh Hancock was a grown man, capable of making his own mistakes. Baseball isn't responsible for Hancock's poor choices. But baseball is far, far behind the curve when it comes to alcohol consumption in the workplace. The Cardinals' new ban is well past due.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home