Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm a Be-Lieber

As much as I hate to agree with Sully, I have to give Jim Hendry some props for taking a flier on Jon Lieber.

I don't expect Lieber to post another twenty wins for my heroes. But he gives us another option for the back end of the rotation, especially if he's willing to start the year in a long-relief role (which he has indicated he is). And having another starter in hand would make trading a younger pitcher (like Marshall or Gallagher) a bit more palatable.

For one year and a relatively low price, it's well worth the risk. Best case: Lieber gives us 100-150 innings of league-average pitching. Worst case: Lieber is the second coming of Marquis and we DFA him in June. Unlike the hopefully forthcoming DFA'ing of Marquis, we feel a little bad about it...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home