Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Houston Tradition

It seems that the Astros have not let the retirements of Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio eliminate the position of Active Player General Manager. Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt seem puzzled by the release of Woody Williams.

Yes, I know that spring training stats can be misleading. But when a 42 year old pitcher gets ripped up for 37 hits, including five homers, in 20 2/3 innings, that's hard to misread. When you add it to the 216 hits allowed in 188 innings by the same pitcher last year, the message is pretty clear. It reads, "this guy isn't fooling anyone any more. He's done."

It just seems odd to me how professional athletes can't seem to look past friendships to see that their buddy is costing them games. I must be a cold-hearted SOB, because when I see co-workers that can't do the job, I want to get rid of them, because they make me look bad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home