Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Who’s Running the Show? (Part 2)

Luis Gonzalez might be as popular in Arizona as Maddux is in Chicago. But even nice guys can do dumb things, as Gonzo did a few weeks ago when he found out that rookie Carlos Quentin was starting in his place.

So Gonzalez has a hissy fit that he wasn’t playing and said some things he shouldn’t have. These things are reported, of course. And being unable to let a bad situation die, Gonzo comes out with this response:

I was upset about the way I was perceived...When I picked up the paper, it made me look like an (expletive), and I’m not.

Gonzalez later said, “I’ve been playing long enough. I know what’s going on.”

You’d think someone who knows what’s going on would acknowledge that he was perceived as an (expletive) because he had acted like an (expletive).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home