Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Should Know Better

I’ve been saying this for the last few years, and reality has always proved me wrong. But I just can’t help but think that maybe this is the year the Pirates turn the corner.

With Jason Bay, Freddie Sanchez, and Adam LaRoche, they’ve got a third of a pretty good lineup. If Chris Duffy can get on base consistently, and if Jose Bautista can cut down on the strikeouts and develop his power, and if Ronny Paulino is the real deal behind the plate…

And then if Ian Snell and Tom Gorzelanny and Paul Maholm can cut their walk rates and suck up some innings, the Bucs just might have the makings of a decent rotation.

I know, I know. There’s a lot of ifs going on there. Even so, it’s better than what Pirate Fan has had to look forward to in a long time…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home