Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Card Sharks

Picked up my first packs of the new '07 baseball cards this morning. Mmmmm...there's nothing quite like that new card smell...

At any rate, I was "lucky" enough to score one of those kooky Derek Jeter cards from Topps. You've seen them -- the one with W and Mickey Mantle lurking in the background. What larks, as Virginia Woolf used to say.

Somehow, my life feels no more complete now than it did when I woke up this morning...

In other news, I also pulled two autograph cards out of my foil packs. Unfortunately, they were rookies I know nothing about.

So I'm asking you, Gentle Readers -- are Zach Johnson and Josh Fields any good? Should I be encasing these cards in plastic, getting them graded, and stashing them in a safety deposit box until the time comes to pay for my sons' college educations? Or are they just this spring's flavors of the month, doomed to languish in obscurity?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Looking to trade if you are doing the 2007 Topps thing. Let me know what you are into right now! Thanks man! -Fellow Jeter owner

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home