Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

He's Gone Mad, I Tell You, Mad!

At least, Bob will think so. After several years of bitching between the two of us about how much we hate writing team previews, I suddenly had an impulse this morning to get to it, and, what's more, to write every single one of them myself this year.

I'm going to follow the same format for every team. Each preview will be broken down into seven categories, as follows:

1. 2007...the year that sucked/was groovy (pick one)

As you probably guessed, this will be a quick breakdown of the 2007 season. What went right, what went wrong, and what the final result was.

2. They can put it on the board, yes! (or, no)

Looking at the projected 2008 lineup...will they be able to put up those nice crooked numbers, or will they be putting up a lot of zeros?

3. Pitchers, or belly itchers?

Who will be in the rotation? Who will man the fire hoses in the pullpen? And what does it all mean?

4. Witnesses for the defense

Run prevention hardly rests solely on the pitchers. Will the guys behind them be a help, or a hinderance?

5. Farm aid

Who is ready for the Show now? Who is good trade bait? And who are guys to watch as the team rebuilds?

6. Watch out for that tree!

All good things come to an end, even for the game's greatest stars. Who is reaching that point?

7. I can make a hat, or a broach...

What do I make of all of this? What's the outlook for the 2008 Red Sox/White Sox/Rays/Cubs/Nationals/25 other teams?

To prove that I've gone completely off the deep end, I am planning to write one preview each day. That may not be as good a campaign promise as any of these or these, but I owe it you, my fellow Americans!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home