Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Poohhead 1991?-2008


My big buddy left me this morning. He'd been sick for a while, but the vet had just called me this morning to tell me that the test results from yesterday had shown a lot of improvement, and so I was happy, thinking that he and I would have a while together still. A few minutes later I walked into my front yard, and I knew as soon as I saw him that he was gone.

Poohhead chose to move in with me right about the time was getting divorced, and ever since then he's always been there for me to talk to. He was a big kitty, and very passive most of the time, but every so often he'd really surprise me by going after another cat for being in his bushes. He'd be there every afternoon to meet my car when I came home from work.

Before Pooh came to stay with me, I didn't even especially like cats. I learned that, no matter what a lot of people think, cats are very loving and very loyal to people who earn their trust. Thank you for trusting me, big guy. I miss you already.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home