Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Book 'Im

I'm sure by now you've heard all about the latest allegations against Barry Bonds. Jim and I have supported Bonds in the past, but I have to confess that I don't know what the hell to think anymore.

On the one hand, I can't get behind the crowd that wants to crucify him, because (a) steroids haven't been banned until last year and (b) until there's a drug test, we can't know for sure.

But on the other hand, I can't say that I trust Bonds 100% anymore. There just seems to be so much evidence piled up...I can discount some of it as coming from people with an axe to grind, but I can't discount all of it without drifting into conspiracy theory territory. Even if just one of the allegations is true, Bonds' claims that he never knowingly took steroids are so much rubbish.

The whole thing leaves me sad and confused. I think I liked it better when I lived in ignorant bliss...

One more thing: I heard some yahoo on sports radio saying that Barry Bonds taking steroids was worse than the Black Sox Scandal. To him and everyone else out there who holds this view, I say: no, you're wrong.

Using illegal substances and then lying about it is not as bad as intentionally losing World Series games. I don't understand why the people who are so concerned with the "sanctity" of home run records seem to take the "sanctity" of who wins or loses the actual games so lightly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home