Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Stand Up and Say Something

I was thinking about the last four years and saying to myself, it would be nice if all those fans who were part of that parade route had said something to theirelected officials about wanting to keep baseball there.
*** Loria the Destroyer, owner of the Florida Marlins

If the Destroyer had thought about it for a while, he would have realized that all those fans had said something to their elected officials when they repeatedly voted against buying him a shiny new ballpark…

In other Marlins news, a dark horse has emerged in the franchise sweepstakes: San Antonio. Plans are circulating for a $300 million stadium, and Red McCombs (who used to own the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Vikings) is allegedly interested in acquiring a stake in the team.

My highly-placed sources in San Antonio (i.e., my Uncle Bill) tell me that the AA San Antonio Missions draw 4,000 fans when they’re doing well. I mean no disrespect to the great city of San Antonio, but can we seriously assume that support for baseball will increase tenfold if the Marlins move in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home