Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

This Time It Counts

It’s the All-Star Game again. And, I must confess, I have been a wee bit cynical about the whole affair for the last few years. What with the made-for-TV drudgery of the Home Run Derby to the ridiculous “This Time It Counts” (not to mention the three long days without real baseball), my attitude towards the Mid-Summer Classic has taken a downward trend.

Fortunately, there nothing quite like a child to help you regain some of the child-like wonder you used to have. My younger son is eight, and is quite the fan in his own right. And he’s been geeked for the All-Star Game all week. Heck, he was even geeked for the Home Run Derby, which might come close to rivaling soccer as the most boring thing on TV.

And why not be geeked about the All-Star Game? He gets to see his favorite players do their thing on the same field. And what could be cooler than that?

So I will be watching the All-Star Game again tonight. But this time I’ll watch it in the only way that counts – with my son, enjoying the greatness of our favorite pastime.

1 Comments:

  • I knew you would turn out to be a great dad--you're a pretty good nephew, too.
    aunt Pam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home