Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Man Can Dream

Here at the Palatial Baseball Blog, we generally don’t like to make specific predictions. Partly because other people do it better than we do, and partly because it takes too much work.

That said, I will go take a tentative step on that limb and list the teams I hope will make it to their respective League Championship Series. Please note that these are not necessarily the teams I think will win, just the teams I’ll be pulling for this week:

American League:
Tigers v. Yankees – Gotta go with the Tigers. Even with the Tigers’ “choke” job this weekend, I’d like to see the feel-good story of the year continue. Oh, and a Yankees loss will probably make the Fox executives cry, and I’m still very, very bitter over their cancellation of Arrested Development.

Twins v. A’s – My younger son is A’s Fan, and I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for Barry Zito and the rest of the A’s staff. But Batgirl has taught me just what a fun team the Twins have. It’s a tough call, but I want to see more Johan, more Boof, and (maybe) more unicorns coming out of Little Nicky Punto’s butt…

National League:
Dodgers v. Mets – Dodgers all the way. I loathe the Mets and all they stand for.

Padres v. Cardinals – Another tough call. On the one hand, a Cardinals victory would set up another NLCS meltdown by the Super Genius. On the other hand, after the last two weeks I don’t think the Cardinals deserve to even get this far. But I need to conserve my precious hatred to root against the Mets, so I will root for the Padres, rather than against the Cardinals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home