Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

These Are The Days Of Miracle And Wonder

It's my day off. What are the first two things I do when I wake up today?

First, I check on my Simnasium teams. I've sung the praises of Simnasium before, but for those of you who don't want to click the links, Simnasium is a baseball simulation in which you draft a team from players throughout baseball history, keeping to a budget, usually $100,000,000. You draft the team, set the lineups, establish a rotation and bullpen, and every day the sim runs three games against one of the other 12 teams in your league.

If you ever thought you could have been a hot shot general manager if only you'd gotten the chance, this game is for you. If you ever thought it would be great to have Sandy Koufax pitch to Babe Ruth, or how would Josh Gibson or Oscar Charleston have fared against Lefty Grove, or for that matter to have Frank Bertaina pitch to Sammy Strang, this game is for you.

Second, I download MLB.com Mosaic. Six live games on my computer monitor at once? Check. Updates when a favorite player comes to the plate? Check. Am I a total baseball geek? Check. I'm ready for Opening Day now.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This is the true Golden Age of baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home