Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Monday, April 02, 2018

Today's Reading Assignment

Really good piece here about where the Sox are right now and how they've gotten there. There is no guarantee that what Williams, Hahn, and the rest of the organization is going to pay off, but I have been 100% behind the attempt. Given the choice of the hope of talented young prospects or watching this I'm going to go with the young people every time.

By the way, Rany, I know how you feel. I despised the Royals in the 1970s and 1980s and took a lot of silly pleasure in writing about what a bad organization the Royals were. But a some funny things happened. First of all, I got a little older. When I did so, I realized that wasting so much energy on a rival team is silly and childish. And second, I actually liked the players that the Royals were coming up with, Eric Hosmer and Salvador Perez and Lorenzo Cain and the like. And so when this happened, I was rooting for them.

Watching young people do exciting new things is a beautiful thing. Especially when the alternative is watching the old guard crash and burn..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home