Jim & Bob's Palatial Baseball Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

World Series Picks

OK, I guess officially these are my picks for the League Championship Series. But let’s face it – the A’s - Tigers match up will be a great series, and one that would be hard to beat even if the NL had a team that was worth a damn.

NLCS: Some other Cub Fans are having a stroke over this one. Not me. I respect the Cardinals as our ancient and honored adversaries. I have no such feelings for those other guys. Go Cardinals!

ALCS: We’ve waited 35 years for this ALCS re-match. If only Charlie Finley were still around to see it...

I’ll pull for the A’s this time around. Jim’s right there to enjoy the ride, and my younger son is a huge A’s fan. Hey, if I can’t enjoy a playoff victory, I’d prefer to see friends and family having a good time.

“World Series:” If the Cardinals win the NLCS, I’m pulling for the Cardinals. I’m the National League guy in this partnership, so it’s rather expected of me.

Unless the Mets win. Then I root for the other side. Go anyone playing the Mets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home